Important dates to remember
· Online Registration open now through Jan 24 at midnight
· Online Late registration begins Jan 25 ($25 late fee applies)
· In person registration in Jan (date TBD)
· Deadline to submit manager application Jan 31
· Last day to register Feb 4
· Evaluations for ages 7 and older Feb 7 (times TBD)
· Teams are finalized Feb 8-11
· Managers/Coaches Clinic Feb 14 (time TBD)
· Team practices begin Feb 14
· Team Mom/Safety Officer meeting Feb 21
· Opening Day Mar 21
· Games start Mar 21
Please keep in mind these dates are subject to change
New Little League Age Chart
New Little League Rules for Age Determination
A Player’s eligibility to participate in the various divisions (Majors, Minors, Machine Pitch, etc) is determined based on the player’s age before a certain date. WSLLL’s charter organization, Little League® Baseball and Softball, has changed the league age date from on or before April 30 to on or before December 31. Little League International has implemented a phase-in period. Effective immediately, any player born on or after January 1, 2006 who will turn the ages of 4-9 during the 2015 calendar year will be eligible to participate in a local Little League program and will use the new age determination date of December 31 for the reminder of their Little League Baseball career. Click here for more information!
Players born prior to January 1, 2006 will continue to utilize the current age determination date of April 30 for the next three Little League Baseball seasons.
To help determine you players league age, see the Little League Age Calculator.
Official announcement of the change is published on the Little League website.
“New to West Sugar Land Little League? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions”
Little League Pledge
I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best